Thursday, August 2, 2007

Riding the waves

Let me tell you a true story on what's been happening in my life for the past few days that's led me to ffk many of you. Albeit with a gladiator-like spin to it.

I was caught up in a storm in the greens of the water while watching the terror of an impending red furnace. Bears from all over could be heard roaring, as though challenging the bulls' territory and thus authority. As though saying, 'you've had your time, now it's mine.."
All of a sudden, I was in the middle of a pit fight between the bulls and the bears. The bears seemed to feed on the crowd's fear and got stronger with the increasing worrying atmosphere. They were concerned about the possible damage that saw no end at the time. It was violent. Innocent bystanders were injured and some heavily wounded.

So there I was, in the middle of the madness trying to muster the courage to hold my ground in the pit. True, I was foolish to jump in. But in the midst of this heart-racing period did I learn and experience many things that no gold could buy. Who cheered and jeered at you? Who helped you survive and you see those who wanted nothing more than to be vultures after you're nothing more than pulp in the sand. And I learnt (the hard way) that in the pit, it's every man for himself.

Just when it was about to give a final blow to the seemingly debilitated bull, the bull lashed out a critical hit to the bear which sent the bear whimpering away hurt.. for now.

"Is it worth it?", I asked. Oh yes. There's always a feast of the meat for the survivors. Slay on, slay on.

(to be continued..)

Yeah, so you can see that I've been trying to ride the bull and keep myself alive at the moment. I will not go into details for now because I'm way too tired. But if you all want, I might share a lil more detailed about how it all works.

But as for now, I can only be cautious and hope that the bear sits tight while the bull charges forward. And the next time the bear comes, I'll be prepared for battle.

0 comments:

Rate it!