Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Verds are vital

Not too long ago, I wrote a piece on words; and I noted how carefully one should choose the weapons they wish to wield in verbal combat. As it has once been said, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words shall never hurt me." In my humble opinion, that phrase is invalid and even a contradiction of the truth; in other words, bullshit.

Because wounds from words takes the longest to heal - if ever.

So I started thinking about Soon Yee's request for examples and one movie clearly outstated any other movie I have ever seen in the usage of words. It's V for vendetta.

The particularly memorable scene was at the beginning where V introduces himself to Evey. Some jobless people have taken years off their lifespans and valuable brainpower to memorize this. Anyway, I found the script, found a translation and I for one, will attempt to further translate the speech to a more comprehensible Malaysian version.

V - The silent vanguard of what is right and just. But (imo) has a skewed perception of the solution.
Yellow man - The slightly sophisticated Joe who understands and wants to make a change.
Apek - Your average Malaysian.

Voila!
Behold!
See!

In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.
In sight, a retired entertainer cast indirectly as both victim and villan by the changes of Fate.
As you can see I'm an old joker blaming people..and got jokers blaming me because of nothing!

This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished.
This mask, no show of pride, is a trace of the people’s voice, now empty, gone.
What you see is what you get.

However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
However, this brave visit of a by-gone irritation stands animated, and has promised to destroy these corruptable and malicious vermin facing the front of immoral conduct and giving the violently vicious and power-hungry violation of will.
But right, watch how I come now angry and annoyed, and I swear I will whack the ^)*% out of those blardy corrupted b%#*&#$ who represents evil and are forcing me to do sh*t!

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the alue and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
The only choice is revenge, a feud, held as a wish, not unsuccessful, for the value and truthfulness of such shall one day clear the names of the watchful and the morally good.
I got no choice but to shoot the b*#&@d (sure can wan) so that when they're dead, our names will have a clean sheet.

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.
In truth, I need to shut up now because I am becoming too wordy, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me “V”.
Actualleeee, I better shaddap now cuz I think I crap too much adi, was great to meet you, and call me V.. cuz it's cool.


So watch your words. They can heal as well as kill. And if you're 'jobless' like I am, start memorizing this mouthful of Vs.


I don't have to tell you that it's a good movie, do I?

6 comments:

Jayson Yong said...

hahaha good shit and thanks for simplifying it. I think i only understand the third time u simplified it.

movie is really good. in fact one of my top10 all time favourite movie. but hard 2 understand alot of part la.u mind "translating" the entire movie?

thanks in advance

justinwong said...

haha, wtf, no way José. Honestly, I even had a problem translating from v2 to v3.

Yeah man, movie's amazing. It keeps you on the edge of your seat from start to end. Hmm.. I don't think anyone would be that jobless to traslate ALLuv it. haha.

Who tried reciting 'the speech' along with V and failed miserably, please raise your hands.

heh.

soonyee said...

i know only
v for volume,
v for viscosity,
v for velocity...

'sweat'

justinwong said...

sy: I didn't understand half of the 'verdiness' too. *shhh* lol

Jayson Yong said...

oh i failed miserably....
its the biggest toungue twister i have ever known

justinwong said...

Haha, tell me about it. =)

Rate it!