Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Move on

During a harmless visit to IKEA last week, I lost my wallet containing my IC, driver's license, quite some cash that was supposed to last me till I get some dough inflow, ATMs and a few documents. How? Well, lets just say no matter the brand, do not invest in pants/jeans which have shallow pockets; you're bound to give charity sometime. Not to mention when it happens during buka puasa timing, people ain't what they used to be. But would've I returned a wallet that I found some good cash and I need it urgently?

It's like asking a rich man whether he needs more money.

Sigh, so I'm left IC-less, and everything-less. But thanks to some hard therapy I was forced to endeavor sometime back, I somehow mustered enough strength to let go of the loss of my wallet on that day itself. It's based on what someone once told me, the more you let go of all sense of material belonging, the more peaceful you'd be. Lets do a simple test, shall we?

Could you:
i) Lose your wallet and just do the next best thing? (e.g. get dough with your pass book?)
ii) Lose your handphone along with all your contacts and say "oh well.. was due for changing anyway"..
iii) Let go of your car for whatever reason and just wait for the next bus?
iv) Migrate to say, Swizerland for the next 5 years and with 2 weeks notice? (yes, you will have a job and stuff waiting for you there)
v) Lose your house to a diasaster (and all the history that has become you for all the years back when you were a 1-year-old toddler sucking on your pacifier?)

If you score:
0-1: Cement
You'll be hit hard when tragedy strikes. Devastated feeling of an identity crisis imminent.
2-3: UHU glue
You're right in the middle. You'll feel the tinge, hate what's happening but accepts the brutal reality that shit happens. You'll survive.
4-5 - Ice Kacang
Like the namesake, you're as cool as ice and everything else is kacang (peanuts). Your motto : "Steady/Rileks/Biasa-lah brudder..." You've developed this ability to just slide through when the going gets tough simply because you've literally "been there, done that". Because there's no replacement for experience: everyone wants to bury their head in a hole anytime any of the above happens, but we can't.

Only the tough survive.

Btw, saw this funny 'bumper sticker' in FB.
"Officer, I swear to drunk that I'm not God!!!"
I'd love to have one of those. XD

0 comments:

Rate it!