Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Day 3 batMan

I've been having a pretty stretching first few days. The most obvious first would be the multitude of names that I've forced my petty brain to memorize. And I do this by saying their name in my mind for about 6 times and going round again. So far I've met about close to a sixty people in this past 3 days, so you can imagine the 'party' going on inside. And that's along with the hundreds of abbreviations they're constantly throwing at me. On top of my mind are DMM, DSM, ASS, BOI, BOE, HPR, SPR, SDR, RCS, CO, PO, CI.... Wala*eh. One fine day, I will understand all the terminology and write a rap song using only letters and Uhuhs, yos, ya-feel -mes.

Another pleasant surprise was the amount of effort actually put into the Management Trainee program. Today a few fellow Management Trainees and I were in a room with a few HR-Marketing managers, and for about an hour plus accumulatively, they discussed our 2 year program in depth. I tell you this because I honestly never expected this program to be taken as seriously as portrayed to us in the beginning and I thus doubted the alignment between its planning and execution. But it seemed like the bosses here were more gung ho about implementing it as well as continuously improving the program. BAT's HR and administration continues to amaze me.

Coming soon: A philosophical approach on life prioritizing

0 comments:

Rate it!