Monday, March 17, 2008


I don’t know what to say, really. We got three minutes left till the biggest battle of our professional lives.. It all comes down to today. We either heal as a team, or we crumble, inch by inch, play by play – until we’re finished.

We’re in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me.

We can sit here and get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light; we can climb out of this anger and this doubt and this uncertainty – we can climb out of hell – one inch at a time, or.. I wish I could do it for you, but I can’t. I’m too old.

I look around at your faces and I see young men and I think I made every wrong choice a middle-aged old man can make – my life is a long list of rookie mistakes. I pissed away all my money, chased off everyone that loved me… lately I can’t even stand the face I see in the mirror. As we get older, some things are taken away. Well, that’s part of life, but you only learn that when you lose something. You find out that life is the game of inches!

So’s football.

Because the margin for error in either game, football of life, is so small… so small, guys. One half-step too late or too early and you don’t quite make it. One half-second too slow or too fast and you don’t quite catch it ‘cause it’s half a fingertip away. The inches we need are everywhere around us, they’re in every break of the game, every minute, every second.

Mandrake forgot that. He was grabbing for miles when he only needed inches. And on this team there are no shortcuts. There are no more Doctor Mandrakes. On this team we fight for that inch! We tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch! We claw with out fingernails for that inch ‘cause when you add up all those inches, that is what makes the fucking difference between winning and losing – between living and dying…

In any fight I can tell you this,k It’s the guy who’s willing to die who’s going to win that inch. And I know that if I’m gonna have any kind of life anymore, it’s because I’m still willing to fight and die for that inch…

That’s what living is.

The six inches in front of your face. I can’t make you do it. You have to look around – look at the guy next to you – look into his eyes – and I think you’ll see a guy you know will go that inch with you. You’ll see a guy who’ll sacrifice himself for his team because when it comes down to it, he knows you would do the same for him! That’s a team, gentlemen!... And either we will heal now as a team – or we will die as individuals.

That’s football, guys; that’s all it is.

Now what are you going to do?


Taken from the movie Any Given Sunday starring Al Pacino. With stunning speeches and priceless expressions such as this one, he is undoubtedly one of the greatest actors who ever graced the silver screens. Hope you enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tired of comments like "Look here… " or buy antibiotics online. Then write to me at icq 75949683256...

Anonymous said...

I don`t feel like going there.
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online vne

Anonymous said...

Of course!
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:lipitor 20mg xvrya
lexapro rkwxf

Rate it!