Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Have you ever?

Earlier, I was driving back from my aunt's place. It was dark, and suddenly I felt a distraction..
*eeeett*
I ignored it.

*flash of movement*

Me: *stares at the road ahead*.. going at 90 km/h

*Nggeeee..*

*BAM*

I caught a mosquito today - with my bare hands, in the dark, while i was driving and staring at a road ahead. It felt pretty damned good, not in a sadistic way, but knowing that sometimes you still got it.

Back to less serious matters, my Chinese new year has been great so far, traditionally with much family fervour. I reckon my family has gotten more accustomed to city CNY celebrations instead of back in Rasa (my hometown), which still stands as a favorite choice. It's dissapointing to think that it's merely another house to rent currently, in place of what once was the breeding and living grounds of the Wong clan.

I miss that house for so many reasons. Firstly, it was a single storey bungalow with almost an acre of land all around. It was a simple layout comprising of the house, the shed where the bulk of gardening and heavy rusted equipment was stored, the mini barn (yes, an actual chicken barn) where we used to have a self-sustaining egg source, and the not-so empty land where animals usually roamed around the many fruit trees available. (which proved to be a source of much excitement when fruit seasons arrive!)

Ahh, I can't help but feel the nostalgia of myself as a Justin junior, running around with nothing but his round face, stumpy clothes and a fat smile across his face. Sheer bliss knowing that all there was to do when I was back in Rasa was to collect my MOOlah (haha, couldn't help it), eat and be merry. That was it, that was the job, and I sure did it well.

Yet, being so young, it was easy to take for granted the fact that the people around you were what made that atmosphere possible.

I think I'm in the right direction when I put my family first most of the time and I'll do my best to keep it that way. After all, when all else fails, you will always have your bloodline to depend on, trust me, I've pulled that card more than once.


GONG XI FA CAI to all my loved ones, sincerely wishing you abundance of health, wealth and happiness throughout this year! =)

2 comments:

lookenneth said...

Number 1. Welcome back man! The blogosphere needs posts like yours :)

Number 2. Justin Wong Photography? ? ? Dude...

justinwong said...

Hey Kenneth,

Thanks man, it felt good to write again after such a long absence. And yeah, I recently purchased my dad's camera so am having quite a fun time with it.. and adobe of course.

More to come, more to come. :)

Rate it!