Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Barely passing

Today was another one of a stream of bad events that has been going through my life. When Ian found out, he said Buddhists would call it bad karma. I feel that God's trying to 'put me to the test..and deliver me from evil' as they say. And what's worse, I don't seem to be passing. :(

I duno man. Call it whatever you will, karma, luck, fate, etc., I'm avoiding succumbing to attributing events in my life to these factors. Apparently a friend of mine said that a typical 'Chinese' cure would be to give some donations to the poor. Although I have nothing against that and makes alot of sense, I still feel that it's an indirect way of washing your hands of things, dont'cha think?

A conversation could between Mr.Aeh and Mr. Bee would go like:
A: Man, damn crappy weh today..
B: Why la bro?
A: Duno la, keep screwing up everything
B: Bad luck weh u..
A: Yealah, bad luck.. What to do?
B: Can't do anything bro, just plain 'ol bad luck.

See what I mean? My approach is that unless you've done everything in your capacity to avoid whatever just happened to you, it ain't luck bro. I call it "Learning it the Hard Way" or an "Expensive Lesson".

Oh also, I did something today that I never imagined I'd do. I yumcha-ed with about 7 cops. I didn't know much to talk about when they were going about their usual police garblebob language. Duno whaat la. I'll reserve whatever comments I have for now, though.

On another note..
Here's a fantastic track by Boyz II Men called Tracks of My Tears. In case you didn't know, these guys ROCK. What I'd give to have any one of their voices. Don't get too mesmerized that you forget to check out their coordinated steps too.

Btw, didn't they have 4 members before?

Anyway, here are the lyrics to it. (As far as I've looked, I'm one of the few who have a copy-able version on the net, so you're welcome for typing it out! :)

Boyz II Men – Tracks of My Tears

Verse 1
People say I’m the life of the party
‘Cause I tell a joke or two
Although I might be laughing loud and hearty
Deep inside I’m blue

Chorus
So take a good look at my face
You’ll see my smile looks out of place
If you look closer, it’s easy to trace
The tracks of my tears

I need you, need you

Verse 2
Since you left me if you see me with another girl
Seeming like I’m having fun
Although she may be cute, she’s just a substitute
Because you’re the permanent one
[Chorus]

I need you, need you

Bridge
Outside (I’m masquerading)
Inside (My hope is fading)
Just a clown (Ooh yeah since you put me down)
My smile is my make up
I wear since my break up with you

[Repeat Chorus]

I like. :)

credit to LenJin for introducing this clip to me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is with the 7 cops? so fun eh?

justinwong said...

Heh, it's just brings a new perspective for me; seeing that I've had some grudge against this same kind for a long time now..

soonyee said...

hey, eh boys2men only left with 3??

damn, standing in front of a mic stand shaking butts suddenly feels cool man...

Anonymous said...

I've no idea also, their older clips show another guy. Maybe the fella was on MC that day..

What you thinkin of doin an acapella version for Stand by me in Notts UK ah bro?

Rate it!