Thursday, June 14, 2007

Better days

After being on a mighty high from last week, I have sensed and personally experienced an aura of low-ness amongst myself as well as some of my friends. Could it be the balancing forces of Yin and Yang? Or maybe life's like a wave oscillating us about a set lifeline. Maybe it's God's way of keeping us in check; to make us realize that there is no perfect life. So we are 'down to earth'.

Some blame fate. Among all the superstitions and myths, I simply refuse to buy this one. I believe if you want something so bad, there ain't no mountain high enough to stop you from reaching it.

Yet shit happens..again and again. And it crumbles whatever hope you've had, whatever determination you've mustered and whatever effort you've put in.

In my opinion, there's only two answers for situations such as these - purpose and faith.

"Is purpose all that?", some ask. Based on my observation, any successful thing anyone has done in life is done because he knows why he must succeed - or why he cannot fail. When shit happens, it's what tells you to ignore the stench and focus on how the hell to get out of it.

Faith on the other hand is a more abstract concept. In John 20:29, faith is perfectly phrased: "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.." I'm not getting all theological but it's true. The notion that one can simply surrender all his problems to a greater power and just believe that it will somehow be settled is just too hard to accept for most, even myself. Reason being that this is an absolute contrast of the previous factor.

The clashing of these two principles is a direct result of 21st century education. Man is now trained to rationalize i.e. There is a reason for everything. I am seriously wondering how any religion would survive. At this point I realize how sensitive yet serious this issue can get. But I am merely stating a realistic point of view in anyone's life right now.

So do we be go-getters or do we stay put and leave it to supernatural forces far beyond our grasp and control? As much as I want to embrace both, it just doesn't.make.sense. Have we become too smart for our own good?

For all of you that have been feeling the same, this one's for you.





P.S : This is a long extension of some of the things i've been going through. Things have not been that bad.

0 comments:

Rate it!