Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Let the games begin

I'm pretty excited.

I won't pretend to know what might unfold tomrorow, what seems to be history in the making and I want to bear witness to it. Neither will I pretend to believe in entirety that Rome could in fact be built in a day.

And what more, I'm practically in the epicentre of the impending political quake. OoooOoohhh..

Lets do this people, I can no longer tolerate my country and thus me, being represented by foolish idiots who have no idea what democracy, honesty and priorities are about. No longer will I say tidak-apa to the embarrasing acts and emotionally tormenting quotes that our representatives make us sound like we say. No longer do we sit around in racial cliques during our mamak sessions. No longer do I want to feel even a tingle of fear in my nerves when I speak of religious freedom. No longer do I want to hear of racial inequality because I know - we all know - that there is no such thing as a poorer race, only poor people.

I want to be heard again as a Malaysian - a proud citizen of a melting pot of a country who believe in equality in all levels and terms; one who still has that belief that we have that ever-elusive leaders of great change who will bring us out of injustice, corrupt politicking, third-class mentality, and racial and religious taboos; a nation of pride in our culture. I want to see our brightest talents from around the world flock back in herds to their motherland not only because of cheaper living costs, but for the love and willingness to serve the aspirations of their developing nation. And most of all, I want to hear our government departments shred all forms with the race-indicating column and have a default choice of nationality - Malaysian.

This is my dream, always has, always will. Happy Malaysia Day everyone.

~Leon Joseph Cardinal Suenens quotes

0 comments:

Rate it!