Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Sabbath

I was having my regular post-workout session the other day but with a twist. Lying on a beach-type chair I thought, “Ahh, this is the life. Sun, breeze, poolside seat, my Palls..”

Then I thought of one more item to add to my list of medium term goals:
“That I work hard enough to reach a stage where I can dedicate the whole of Sunday (not Ladies’-night Thursday, not the-weekend’s-here Friday, not but-it’s-the-weekend Saturday) to do what I want, where I want, and how I want.
No holds barred. Like what the Eighth Commandment* asks of us. Think about it, how often would you be able to really enjoy this sensation of absolute nothingness? Will you ever? Don’t get me wrong, I am not condoning the act of mindless stoning or my-brain-needs-a-break type excuses. This is hard earned time.

Thoughts of money(too much or the lack of it), relationship (same as money), marriage(from previous problem), children(from previous problem), bills(would result from children), car, company, job, boss, or worse still : none of the above?!

*Click if you want to erase problems*

As if.

* - The Eighth commandment states that “Thou shall keep the Sabbath Day holy” and is part of the Ten Commandments from the Bible. For the uninitiated, the contemporary version of the Ten Commandments would be “10 guaranteed tips to go to heaven”.
Finally, this is a matter of personal interpretation. For more info, wikipedia it - I ain’t such an angel to link it for yah.

-credits to my sister for pointing out a major flaw. It's the 8th Commandment, not the First. lolz

0 comments:

Rate it!